Some extra space

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tel

Reaction score
Gained another 160 square feet of workshop space yesterday.

container.jpg

gday,tel,before you put any machinery in there,check the roof.Our club bought a container,and it leaked like a sieve.Various people spent a week welding up the holes.Other than that,it's a useful storage area.I wish I had the space for one :(

Working in a metal box under the hot Australian sun.

Sounds more like something they used to do in Her Majesty's Prisons. :)

Thanks blokes! This one is as tight as a drum Hans, the pick of the pick, for $2900 delivered, not a pin-hole anywhere!

Yeah Marv, we were aware of that, but it will have another (shadecloth) covering over and above the top of it. The ultimate plan is two have two, set mouth to mouth with about a 10' gap, which will have as skillion roof and duckboard floor - should be a pretty useful set-up then.

I never doubted for a moment that you clever Aussies would have planned for that.

Hey Tel...make sure you show pictures of this set up!

And Happy Easter to you too!

Dave

Yep, will do! Hopefully I'll get some power run down to it on the weekend, then work can begin in earnest!

tel,

Good one mate. I thought about hacking out some lift up sections in mine but decided that security was more of an issue than comfort. Being in a port there are way too many international and local hydraulic jacks. You know the ones who'll lift anything.

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back