So many plans... / 4-stroke Cox

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyp

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I look through all of the plans, pics and other documents that I have collected and try to sort and prioritize my to do list that I am always adding, sorting, and on a rare occasion, removing items. I do enjoy that process, but I need to stop that for a while and actually get busy on one if I hope to work my way down said list. So I will be starting an Upshur Vertical pronto and that will be a separate thread.

In this process, I ran across this pic that I found somewhere a long time ago. No idea on the history of it, but there is a lot going on there, especially on the side that we can't see. It is almost an abstract art exhibit...cool.

Attachments

• Cox 4 Stroke.jpg
    Cox 4 Stroke.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 415
Do you know what size it is? It looks like an 049 case, but I know Cox made a few larger versions with that same shape case.

I owned that engine for a while. It was .020 size. I never did anything with it and don't remember how I acquired it, probably an Ebay lot. I sold it several years ago to a collector who cleaned it up nicely, though I don't know if any attempt was made to run it.

Back