Snow Model Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello friends, here is a clip of my Snow model engine, trying to fire it up. The first problem was finding TCD, because I didn't want to disassemble the cylinder head to see the piston, so I decided to use a multimeter to check continuity and that way establish the TDC, it worked!, then, had some issues with the distributor, is a Satra distributor and I was not able to set the rotor in the right spot, talked to my friend Roy Sholl who sent me a CAD for a clear top, and, yes!, it worked great, finally, after not getting a single short run, I took the observations about the intake manifold and changed that to a straight one, and that seems to work, as you will see in the video I posted in YouTube, all the comments and observations will be very very welcomed!

Here is the link:

That engine was my reason for joining this site. I saw the "600 Snow" at colesprings power museum and have wanted to design a replica of something similar ever since. That is a beautiful machine!

Latest posts

Back