Smaller US & UK model shows

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob ward

Reaction score
I'm going on a SKI (Spending Kids Inheritance ;D) holiday to the US & UK soon, and am hoping there might be a model show or 3 along our route. I've done the usual google thing with little success, although it did tell me about the Bristol UK show.

July in the US we will be meandering by car from NYC to Washington (Smithsonian) to Detroit (100 years of Hudson) then back to NYC via Canada and Niagara.

Late July to late August we are in the UK, Telford and York Rail Museum are on the must do's here.

Are there any model show suggestions for those periods?

bob ward said:
I'm going on a SKI (Spending Kids Inheritance ;D) holiday

Good on you Bob. I like it. Spend it while you can. Just leave them debts. It's the best way I've ever seen to get even with your kids for the things they have put you through. ;D

Bristol is not to be missed, smallish show but very friendly.
Run by the club and caters more for models than trade although they are represented.

If you are into IC engines and turbines this show is the one, not just display the builders are there as well.

Allow at least two days for Ironbridge, impossible to do it in one, Blist's hill takes most of a day on it's own. If you have your wife with you and she wants to see the tile museum and pottery it could run into 3 days but don't rush it.
Buy a passport and not separate tickets, works out cheaper.

There will be a steam rally close to you every weekend no matter where you are, fact - it just is.

York also needs a couple of days as the town is very interesting.

JS.

Must concur with John,
Ironbridge is an absolute must. but as he says you could be there a week!
Google will provide all you wish to know.

Back