Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a GREAT thread! I learned a lot following you along over the last 14 months. Thanks for posting it all. Congrats on getting it running. Once I get a little more confident in my building skills I'll be ordering plans. Again, congrats!

Way to go Bubba!

Gotta hijack the mss laptop that has speakers......Steamer want big Vroom Bubba! ;D

Congrats Steve, there wasn't any doubt it would fire up like that with you building it! :bow: :bow:

Dave

cfellows said:
Ahhh, the day we've all been waiting for. Congratulations! That first run had to give you a heck of an adrenalin rush! Truly a great build.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I have been working on this thing for about 2-1/2 years now. It is great to finally hear some noise.

Maxine said:
What a GREAT thread! I learned a lot following you along over the last 14 months. Thanks for posting it all.

That makes going thru the photographing worth it. I try to share when I remember to take pix.

steamer said:
Steamer want big Vroom Bubba!

Not yet but soon. I turned the distributor a little and it improoved so I turned it a little more. I'm getting a half decent idle and it wants to rev alot more than it wanted to initally. I'm going to hit it again tomorrow and see if I can make things even better and get you that big Vroom.

Congratulations steve - sounds great! Thanks for sharing your voyage and for the plans :D

Just got home and logged on to see if you gave it run yet. Excellant, great concept, execution, and a mighty fine build log. Thanks so much for letting us tag along. What a great engine and runner. You certainly did yourself proud......Looking forward to the tuning, and building the blower motor.

John

Congrats Steve
Well done :bow: :bow:
Im having trouble getting the vid to work for me, but will keep trying til I see it
I dont know if its my computer or the net
I had lots of trouble getting on the HMEM this morning too!
Again Fantastic job !!
Sounds great ,Its a goer :bow: :bow:
Pete

Steve, congratulations on a fine piece of work. Thanks for all the effort that went into your build thread! Looking forward to more video when you get it smoothed out.

Regards,

Chuck Kuhn

GDay All,

Steve, that was one monumental moment and I enjoyed every minute of it th_wav

I'm putting in my order for plans now ;D

All hail the great one :bow:

Steve

What everyone else has said. It is hard to add much to that. In your video you showed the engine. I bet if you would have showed your face we would have seen the worlds biggest smile. Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder Steve. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Steve,

YOU DA MAN. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

awsome, awsome engine you have done yourself proud ,look forward to hitting the tools after my relocation. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks everybody!!

There is still a ways to go but the bulk is out of the way. Still need to do something with the throttle rod so I can set the idle. I think i'm going to pop the brass tube out of the sparkplug boots and slit them and close them up a little for a tighter fit. Basically get things sorted out and get ready for Zanesville.

Steve, that engine sounds wicked! I'll be happy if mine sounds like that.
Congrats on a great build thread. If it wasn't for your engine I wouldn't have got anywhere with mine.
Well done again. Cheers.

Keith.

I don't think I'll be going to Zaneville this year if I have to listen to that thing all day, NOT! Just kidding Steve and I can't wait to see and hear it in the flesh. You have raised the bar a few notches and should be very proud. Very nice and an inspiration to all. Dave

Dave G said:
I don't think I'll be going to Zaneville this year if I have to listen to that thing all day, NOT! Just kidding Steve and I can't wait to see and hear it in the flesh. You have raised the bar a few notches and should be very proud. Very nice and an inspiration to all. Dave

I'll take that as a Huge! compliment as I have seen your work.

keith5700 said:
Steve, that engine sounds wicked! I'll be happy if mine sounds like that.

It's starting to get better. The smoke is starting to clear up. The engine is starting to respond to the throttle. I had to make the linkage today so I could set some kind of idle. I still need to get an Oring so i can get the water pump going and extend my run time so i can do some serious tuning.

DSCN2158.jpg

DSCN2162s-2.jpg

DSCN2161s-2.jpg

Hi Steve,

Congratulations!!! The look is absolutely fantastic and the sound... no words!!!

:bow:

You and your projects are a big inspiration for me and I believe that for all us!!!

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Back