Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,
I am new to this group and was flipping through the pages when I stumbled on your fantastic Demon V8. Its something I would like to tackle but I had a few questions I was hoping you or one of the other members could answer. Can the model be made with a manual lathe and mill or is CNC equipment required? Is there a casting available for the supercharger body? Does Ministeam have all the plan updates? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Yes the model can be made with manual machines. There is one in Mansfield Ohio that was made on manual machines and is in running order.

No casting available for the blower. There is rumor that there may be a casting kit for the project in the future. The blower housing would be a logical part of the kit.

Yes Minicastings has the latest version of the plans.

It´s a perfect job, just perfect.

Did you use friction bearing? or bearing to avoid axial play crankshaft?

What is play between sleeve and piston?

Is there pics of the cam/crankshaft angles? That must be almost impossible to build.

Something like this

cam_angles.jpg

Sorry for my english.

It´s a perfect job, just perfect.

Did you use friction bearing? or bearing to avoid axial play crankshaft?

What is play between sleeve and piston?

Is there pics of the cam/crankshaft angles? That must be almost impossible to build.

Sorry for my english.

There is a ball bearing pressed onto the rear of the camshaft that controls any play

There is no drawing that shows the angles. Because of the method used to make it a drawing is un-nessessary

Your english is fine,

There is a ball bearing pressed onto the rear of the camshaft that controls any play

There is no drawing that shows the angles. Because of the method used to make it a drawing is un-nessessary

Your english is fine,

I could learn alot of you, you are an expert.

How is that method? CNC numbers?

Thank you S. Huck

Hi Steve,
Looks a great project I will be watching the progress.
Thanks for sharing.
Allen.

Hi Steve
Have you had the V8 with the blower running, if so do you have any video of it

This is a fantastic project, will be good to see when its finished

Michael

Not yet. Just one more thing on a long list of things that i have been wanting to get finished.

That is a work of art Steve! Just amazing.

Latest posts

Back