Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $25 worth of valve springs $75 for freight.... 8) Getting them sent to a mate in the US who will pass em on...

Artie said:
Wow, $25 worth of valve springs $75 for freight.... 8) Getting them sent to a mate in the US who will pass em on...

I tried to put enough info with each part so you could go else where and get stuff. Can't you source the parts a bit closer to home? $75 for shipping is just robbery.

The 75 was shipped to me direct here in Aus, its almost nothing to a US address and then a simple small parcel cost from there. So its ok.

As far as local stuff, in reality Aus is a relatively 'small' country (22 million) and while we have a large manufacturing base, odd or small run stuff just isnt as readily available as in the US as the smallish market just cant support it...

But, all sorted...... ;)

Wow, awesome build.... I do think my wife is upset with me, bc I havent said anything to her all night. Because this thread was too interesting...

Thanks Brian. It was a long build but now that it has been up and running for a year or so it is running good. I have learned what the engine wants as far as carb adjustment and ignition timing. I am very happy with it.

This was a few weeks ago taken on a cell phone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJsLShcDCg[/ame]

Could listen to that all day. If my wife would quit elbowing me in the ribs because she is watching TV.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

DSCN1948s.jpg

DSCN1949s.jpg

DSCN1950s.jpg

What are the dimension?

awesome workThm:Thm:Thm:

The plate it is sitting on is 1 foot wide and 3 feet long if that helps.

Not sure about the body and colors yet. I think it will take me another year at least to make a rearend, transmission, and everything else.

Just to let everybody know, the rights to the plans for the demon V8 now belong to Executive Model Design. They purchased the rights to sell plans to those who wish to build one but to also look into producing mechanics kits for those who would like to purchase the parts and assemble it themselves.

The pricing will remain the same for electronic copy's of the plans but an added cost will be in place for those who want printed copies. The added cost will cover ink, paper, and postage. The plans should be available soon on there website.

I will pass off my list to them of the people who have purchased the plans from me so replacement can be made in the event of a computer crash. Anybody who wishes to purchase plans from now forward can get them at www.minicastings.com.

Just to let everybody know, the rights to the plans for the demon V8 now belong to Executive Model Design. They purchased the rights to sell plans to those who wish to build one but to also look into producing mechanics kits for those who would like to purchase the parts and assemble it themselves.

The pricing will remain the same for electronic copy's of the plans but an added cost will be in place for those who want printed copies. The added cost will cover ink, paper, and postage. The plans should be available soon on there website.

I will pass off my list to them of the people who have purchased the plans from me so replacement can be made in the event of a computer crash. Anybody who wishes to purchase plans from now forward can get them at www.minicastings.com.

Thanks Steve for all your help and dedication about upgrade, hope they wont go to junk after this

Latest posts

Back