Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doc1955 said:
:big: :big: :big: :big: I would love to get a peak at it in real time. I really looks nice in the pics and video I have to say one more time Geat Job Steve!!! :bow: :bow:

Thanks Jim and Doc!

It's loosening up and I'm getting a good idle now. I need to fix a few things and get the Peewee fixed. NAMES is just around the corner.

I just spent the last two days reading this thread from start to finish, this is really something to aspire to. I have only made one small steam engine (Elmer's Oscillating). Thank you for taking so many pictures and showing your methods, I am going to read the entire thread a few more times to make sure I understand the techniques. Your engine is literally the coolest thing I have ever seen.

-Nathan

jpeter said:
I guess some folks just don't appreciate good music when they hear it.

i drove a ducati 900SS for years. (the old bevel drive roundblock) it had open pipes and velocity stacks on carbs, and a sticker stating: my bike isnt loud, it has sound :p

i do love the v8 model engines, but for now its way over my head making one.
Pascal

I finally have something to report. My friend Ron fired up the tubing bender and I made the flanges and then he came over to silver solder the pipes together. Unfortunately this will be about all for a while. Still working too much but I hear it might end after the holidays.

DSCN2537s.jpg

DSCN2536s.jpg

Very nice Steve. Yeah that darn work always gets in the way.
George

I'm looking for a guy named John Tober, Tasman@

I have an update for the V8 plans and blower plans and your email address in my records will not allow me to send you the updates. Minor changes but I would like everyone to have the latest copy.

Steve I am looking at your plans (very nice job)
Right now the only question is how are the rotors made for the blower?
This is the only question I have for now, But when I start building there will be plenty. lol

Just out of quorisity how many people have bought these plans ?

chrispare said:
Right now the only question is how are the rotors made for the blower?

Just out of quorisity how many people have bought these plans ?

I am going to mill mine with a ball end cutter. I have a chuck on my rotory table and i will make something to support the other end. Then machine every couple degrees like making a cam on the mill while adjusting the height of the spindle/knee. I have not made the chart yet but it could be made for 120 degrees rotation and then copied 2 more times. I have my blanks ready.

I have sold a few dozen sets of drawings. I gave the plans to the 5 people who have helped me the most and help untold numbers of people who are in or trying to get into the hobby. I know of only 3 people who have actually made parts. One fellow is deep into a build at 150% size. The other 2 have threads here.

If you remember a while back, I told everybody that Dale Detrich was thinking about making spark plugs. Well he sent me a set to try. This video is the Demon running on his plugs. In my opinion it runs as well or maybe a little better than the plugs I made. There is some arcing in the cap from me being a bone head. Good thing he sent me nine. Bottom line is they work well.

If dale decides to make the 8-40 plugs available I'll let everybody know.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbwsLysqGk[/ame]

GDay All,

Steve, any chance of uploading some closeup stills of the plugs?

I'd certainly be interested if Dale does produce them.

Also, I noticed some arcing going on in the distributor in the video, is that normal?

It doesn't appear to be affecting the performance at all though.

GDay All,

Steve, having the clear dizzy cap let's you see little problems like that. It also looks rather neat ;D

Steve, i was searching around the net for projects like yours and happened to stumble upon this blog, 2 hrs later after reading just about every post i am very impressed with your work, truely amazing what you were able to do and to your creativity. Are you still selling plans?

Awesome work!

berretta969mm said:
Steve, i was searching around the net for projects like yours and happened to stumble upon this blog, 2 hrs later after reading just about every post i am very impressed with your work, truely amazing what you were able to do and to your creativity. Are you still selling plans?

Awesome work!

Plans are still available thru Paypal. I sent you a PM with all the details.

stevehuckss396 said:
Plans are still available thru Paypal. I sent you a PM with all the details.

Better send me one too Steve.... ;D

Just want to say thanks to Steve for the excellent plans. Very detailed (as you would expect) and clear.

I also liked the details provided regarding gear and valve spring providers, in fact, even though this is a project for way way into the future (time and ability), Ive ordered these components while the items are available and the contact details are current.

Thanks again mate. :bow:

Back