Small V8 Offically done.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I know what my first project will be when I retire next year. Maybe one of Elmer's.... :big:

Truly magnificent, Steve. If Zee were here, he'd say, "what's next?"

-T

raggle said:
"Increbile"

So what language is that, Marv?

Well, it was meant to be Spanish, but I see that I fat-fingered the typing - it should read 'increible'.

With all the perfect spellers on this forum, I'm really embarrassed now.

“In the past it never occurred to me that every casual remark of mine would be snatched up and recorded. Otherwise I would have crept further into my shell.”
—Albert Einstein --- To Carl Seelig, October 25, 1953. AEA39-053

WOW! Not sure how I missed this one. A World-class beauty!

Where did you get those red spark plug boots? I love them!

now build a nice T-bucket to display the engine ;D

fantastic engine!!
Pascal

Swede said:
Where did you get those red spark plug boots? I love them!

Hi Swede

There was a thread for molding boots by Mr. Graham about a month or so ago. He described the process and recomended the materials. I made the mold and followed his process and there they are. Worked great. You can see my mold in the "small V8" thread and Mr. Graham's mold in the "ignition boot molding" thread.

Steve as I have said before, Great job. I was wondering if you knew off the top of your head, and don't spend time looking if you don't know, but how many pieces make up the engine----minus the stand and radiator. Just wondering.
John

awJCKDup said:
Steve as I have said before, Great job. I was wondering if you knew off the top of your head, and don't spend time looking if you don't know, but how many pieces make up the engine----minus the stand and radiator. Just wondering.
John

No I Dont!

I'm going to count them up tomorrow.

There was a thread for molding boots by Mr. Graham about a month or so ago. He described the process and recomended the materials. I made the mold and followed his process and there they are. Worked great. You can see my mold in the "small V8" thread and Mr. Graham's mold in the "ignition boot molding" thread.

Thanks, Steve, I saw that thread but failed to make the connection.

Your engine is also presented beautifully... the stand looks great. Do you have a glass or plexiglass cover for it? I've noticed that exposure to dust and humidity from shelf-sitting for a few years can really take an engine down a notch in appearance... you get corrosion, splotchy brass and aluminum, dust and fuzzball crud in seams and inaccessible nooks and crannies, all hard to get out. Such an engine deserves to be covered when she's not out and running.

Hi Steve

Thanks for sharing with us such a superb piece of design and engineering. Your attention to detail is second to none and I really appreciate the time that you have taken to document this magnificent build.

I am plodding along with my first engine build, a Webster, and my long-term plan is to build a V8.

When that time comes, I'd like to have a shot at building your V8.

Thanks again for the inspiration.

Congratulations. What a super terrific project. You are on top of the world as a model maker. Best I have ever seen.

stevehuckss396 said:
Thank you!

I don't have covers for them. I do need to find a better home for them
Next project, gun cabinet with goldenrod dehumidifer and HEPA filtration. ;D

awJCKDup said:
I was wondering if you knew off the top of your head, and don't spend time looking if you don't know, but how many pieces make up the engine----minus the stand and radiator. Just wondering.
John

Hello John

I missed the part about the stand and radiator.

In total I counted 469 parts. That included everything except the fixtures, mods to gears, templates for gaskets, and everything else that is not in the photos.

The radiator is maybe 50 of those parts and the stand is about 15. That makes it right around 400.

Wow! So if a guy wanted to build one in a year, he'd have to average more than 1 part a day. Hmmmm, with you breaking the way with your plans, that's probably doable, er how many different fixtures did you have to make?
John

WOW Steve that's a work of art thanks for the journey, I'll miss reading the post's. So whats next?
Dave

Latest posts

Back