Small V8 Offically done.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Little Demon V8 project is officially done. Now don't panic, I do plan to carry on to finish the blower motor but I need to take a few days off and relax. It took just short of 15 months.

The Demon was designed to be a simple V8 project for the guy with small machines. Every V8 that I am familiar with is 1/4 scale or larger. This project is close to 1/5th scale. I used the Peewee V4 as a platform and stretched it out. The heads were completely new as was the intake and carb. The crankshaft and rods were beefed up. What I ended up with was a Not simple V8 that can be built on small equipment. Not as complex as most of the V8's out there, there is still a mammoth amount of parts that have to be made. If you plan to build one of these, you might want to pack a lunch. Nuf said!

Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwVfNobk8r0[/ame]

This is the link to the build thread: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=9609.0

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Done3.jpg

Done4.jpg

Done5.jpg

Done6.jpg

Unbelievable! Congratulations Steve, absolutely awesome! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I just can't imagine what the October POM will be. ???

Normally fairly articulate, I'm lost for words.

HOLY COW!!!!! ;D

That is amazing!!!
And it sounds even better than the last video you posted.
And then there is the revving.... WOW!!!! th_confused0052

A most ambitious project that turned out perfectly!
Congratulations Steve!! You are in a league of your own!!!

Hope you don't get too lonely up there.... Rof}

Andrew

Absolutely Beautiful Steve! What a jem.

Thanks again for putting together a great drawing package for the rest of us who might dare to attempt building one.

stevehuckss396 said:
WHAT!! hahahhaha!!! NOTHING!

Who are you and what have you done with Marv?

Ok, I'll resort to some other languages...

Tres magnifique! Ausgezeichnet! Wunderbar! Increbile! Praestantissimus! Eccezionale!

(Instead of those stupid smileys we need some click-on, insertable, multi-lingual superlatives.)

th_confused0052 th_confused0052 th_confused0052 th_confused0052

WOW !! Love the sound and revving !!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Uber congrats !!

mklotz said:

Tres magnifique! Ausgezeichnet! Wunderbar! Increbile! Praestantissimus! Eccezionale!

(Instead of those stupid smileys we need some click-on, insertable, multi-lingual superlatives.)

Marv, you sweet talker you !!! :p

That is a major achievement Steve, well done. I have learned a great deal from following your posts and can appreciate how much time and effort you have put into this project.

Ian

Great Job Steve,

How is this for a superlative....

The splendiferousness of your engine is second to none!!

Well Done (Insert Smiley of Your Choice Here)

Kel

Just awesome Steve. When I consider that it took me almost four months to make a single cylinder engine that ran well, it really shows what a master craftsman you are.----Brian

mklotz said:

or

Очень Хороший, Изумительный

С наилучшими пожеланиями
Bob

"Increbile"

So what language is that, Marv?

Thanks for the journey Steve.

In my language "Oortstralian" Bloody magnificent.

I love it, especially the way it sings when revved. :bow:

Barry G

Like Barry said. Bloody magnificent :bow:

Damn Fine Bubba! Damn Fine!

:bow: :bow:

Dave

It seems sad to try and think of something to say in closing, as we all have enjoyed this build so much. This is truly a gorgeous piece of mechanical art. Quite worthy of a giant marble triumphal arch leading to your shop. :bow:

Absolutly fantastic Build Steve
Well done !!
Pete

Back