Small Sterling Fan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it runs pretty good. Did it have many bugs to work out? I am going to build one of those after my LTD is done. I'll even probably steal some of your ideas:O) Thanks for the video!

Later, Wes

Powder keg said:
Looks like it runs pretty good. Did it have many bugs to work out? I am going to build one of those after my LTD is done. I'll even probably steal some of your ideas:O) Thanks for the video!

Later, Wes
Nothing too bad. A few of the plans weren't clear in spots which can cause some interference issues later on, but most of the debug was just fixing some air leaks and friction points. Should be a piece of cake after getting an LTD to run-- Tough to use a propane torch to encourage those to turn over ;)

I've got a lot of the milled & drilled parts drawn as simple DXF's, though they're designed for my little mill, so I don't know how useful they'd be otherwise.

You have any plans for a lamp? A suggestion if you want a glass burner is to go to an antique or thrift store and look at old glass salt and pepper shakers. It would be easy to make a new top to hold a wick for one of those?

Make sure you post some pictures after cleanup:O)

Wes

My current lamp is an old Testorstm model paint jar-- one of the tiny glass ones-- I think the label is still on it in the video. I made a little aluminum neck to hold the wick. One day I'll find a nicer jar, or turn one up out of brass or something, but this one works well for now.

Latest posts

Back