Small 10-20-40 blocks that actually work.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... and Tip Top - a brand of bread.

tel said:
.... and Tip Top - a brand of bread.

I am sure you meant ice cream .... ;)
2892350041_60e4bc9435.jpg

BTW, I believe the van is a Bradford with an engine equivalent to half a VW's.

They are probably still using the horse and buggy to deliver the bread!
We are outnumbered! :big:
Fred

That's not saying much...we're still using the imperial system!......12" to the foot....who the hell thought that up? ???

And until I get my metric micrometer from the micrometer fairy....its staying that way!
;D

Dave

For me to use imperial I need my little black book with conversion charts and a button which has mm/inches written next to it and usually a few curse words.
Brock

Actually I've gotten used to both systems and convert pretty readily...practice, practice.

Dave

steamer said:
That's not saying much...we're still using the imperial system!......12" to the foot....who the hell thought that up? ???[...]

The imperial system is based off of us. I know that my thumb at the base of my fingernail is almost exactly one inch, my foot is about 12 inches, and my arms spread horizontally are slightly over 2 yards. At work we once had a competition to see who could guess the distance between the wall and some cabinets while we were waiting for someone to get a tape measure. A couple of us were within a sixteenth of an inch. The distance was about six and a half feet, so you couldn't use just one body measurement.

steamer said:
I know Russel...it was a joke... ;D

Dave

Please forgive me. Sometimes I can be a little too literal. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

It's all even gooder now! My blocks arrived this morning!

Thanks Phil, for setting up and handling the buy and Ketan for the speed and attention you gave it!

blocks.jpg

steamer said:
That's not saying much...we're still using the imperial system!......12" to the foot....who the hell thought that up? ???

And until I get my metric micrometer from the micrometer fairy....its staying that way!
;D

Dave

At least you guys stuck with a system. In Canada we declared metric as our new system years ago but the only thing that is metric now are the hand tools you need to repair all the stuff we import, and heaven help you if you need metric hardware to do so. :p

Ray

Any thought of doing them with bolt head clearances in them? I have this set, completely unmarked, obtained years ago from an estate sale, but quite envied by my fellow ME's. There are alternating clearance and tapped holes down one of each face and counterbores for a 3/8" SHCS on the other.

CIMG9017.jpg

Plus 20-40-80's

Come on lads get your hard earned coin out and get splashing.

Vee Blocks & Angle Plates - Arc Euro Trade

I can see it's been many years since this was first posted, but having just bought a full set of the Stevenson blocks and I'm very impressed.

The finish of the blocks is very good (excepting one huge burr on one of the holes - easy fixed), with tolerances around the +/- 0.015 mm (Grade 1 surface plate, grade 1 slip-gauges and a Mitutoyo 543-391B Indicator for measurement) which seems to be pretty fabulous for the price.

I don't have any really accurate tools for confirming squareness but visual inspection, using an engineers square I trust, it looks pretty good.

Just wanted to thank you for your post :)

Latest posts

Back