Slotting Attachment for a Vertical Mill/Drill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

Thanks for your comments, especially the one about hammer forces on the spindle bearings - Hadn't thought of that ::)

Regards
Another Bob :D

Bob...
I was referring to the ability to swivel the main BP head to the rear....tough to do on a square column...(grin) I can see uses for the tool and a side mount on the head would work. I'd have to come up with a quick change idea of some sort, since there would probably be a high speed spindle fitted there first. So many tool ideas... so little time....eh?

Steve

Since we're talking about building machine equipment, why not mount a ram from a table top shaper, such a Gingery has in his book. Then the stroke length would be ajustable.

Bernd

Bernd,

Thanks for the suggestion - who is Gingery ???

Regards
Bob

Tel,

Told you I was new at this modeling business ;D

Thanks for the heads up.

South pole here we come ::)

Best Regards
Bob

s'orrite mate ;D Did you catch 'Our Kev's' geography lesson last night - the world is apparently divided into three hemispheres - the American, the European and Ours

tel said:
I'm pretty sure somebody (Bradley? Mason?) designed one to fit the Myford lathe - should be able to modify that if you can find the details of it
its in the ian bradley serious seven manual page 167 i don't know how to get from the book into photo bucket but its in that book
regards Max ..................

Thank you Max, now if I can just locate my copy of that particular book ....

I saw a plan in Engineering In Miniature, I think it was the begining of summer. It ran over 2 months and I bought them both because of that article. When I get home sometime next week, I will look for them. It is a nice compact unit that fits on a small mill.
Bryan

Thanks Brian,

I appreciate your and everybody else's efforts to help me.

Regards
Bob

Hey Max,

If you can scan the page,I'll host it in photobucket?

Click on my handle (steamer) and send me a PM :)

steamer said:
Hey Max,

If you can scan the page,I'll host it in photobucket?

Click on my handle (steamer) and send me a PM :)
Steamer sent pm with attachments (you gotter realise this is testing my pc skills to the absolute limits ;D) let me know if it gets there
regards Max.............

To save anybodies tired fingers from clicking on the links......

File0002.jpg

File0001.jpg

File0003.jpg

By George, he's got it!

That is the article exactly as I remembered it - tho' I still haven't found my copy!

There's hope for the old brain cell yet.

Thanks to All for contributing :bow: :bow:

Now if I can just find the time & materials....... ::)

Will keep everybody informed as to progress.

Regards
Bob

Back