Site very slow, with a few problems.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I have been noticing that the site is getting very slow, a lot of times I cannot log on.

Also, when doing some of my posts, which can sometimes take nearly a couple of hours, I have to copy and save it every five minutes or so, because when I go to preview, it invariably falls over, and I have to start the post again.

Noticed yesterday, my mail program cannot recognise my site email address, keeps coming up with wrong password, even though it is the same one I have been using all the time.

Nothing on my computer has been changed.

John

John,

Do yourself a favor and write your posts in Notepad or some other text editor and then cut and paste it to the reply box. That way a failure in the site software won't cause you grief.

John
Please check your private messages requarding your server email account.

Rick

Rick,

Wondeful response time, email now working perfectly.

Marv,

I use the site like a text editor because I need to look at the pictures as I am composing, otherwise I would just forget most of what I have done.

It is no problem copying every five minutes or when I want to preview it. I was more worried about the site, as because we have a lot more members now getting involved in posting, I was wondering if there was an overload situation going on.

You just want me to stop looking at piccies, because you know I can't read very well ;D ;D

John

Back