Sino DRO

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use a Sino DRO, specifically the SDS2-2L on their lathe?

I've had one for a while and it drives me nuts. The readout in both axes shows half the distance of travel but double the resolution. (I think that's right). I've tried to reprogramme it before but failed and just lived with it. Had another go today but no success. It's got to be something very simple.

An example: Carriage actually moves 1.10 inches. Display shows 0.5500 (4 decimal places).
How do I make the display show 1.10 inches?
Display Resolution can be set to 0.5, 1, 2 5 or 10 microns; I've got it set to 10. There is a key R/D for Radius/Diameter function, but pressing that just brings up Tool 1 in the message window with no other change.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Hi Dave
I use an SDS6-2V Sino on my lathe. It sounds like you have the resolution set to twice as fine as scales. It must be set to what the scales are reading at. If you are set at 10 and getting 1/2 readings try switching resolution to 5 microns. Mine also has a setting for Lathe/Mill Are you in Lathe mode ?

Scott

Dave have you got the carrage wire going into the cross slide socket, I think the R/D only works on one of the imputs.

If not ask Jo she has about 3 of them on her lathes.

Does anyone use a Sino DRO, specifically the SDS2-2L on their lathe?

An example: Carriage actually moves 1.10 inches. Display shows 0.5500 (4 decimal places).
How do I make the display show 1.10 inches?
Display Resolution can be set to 0.5, 1, 2 5 or 10 microns; I've got it set to 10.
Dave
The Emerald Isle

Hi Dave
I have Deltron D60-2v and D60-3v and they have a linear compensation
to correct that. Here is a picture of how it's done. Sino and Deltron are made by the same company so it should work
good luck
Luc

compensation.jpg

Well, that didn't take long to fix, thanks to you Scott. Changing the resolution to 5 has done it.

I could have sworn that I went through all the settings, but obviously not. To think I have been putting up with the inconvenience for several years!

Thanks also to JB & Luc for your suggestions.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Latest posts

Back