Simple IC engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to make the simplest engine the IC materials you need can be found at cheap prices and they are also of good quality. Lets hope you make a good system like i previously was able to make one.

Jorgo,
Thanks for sharing the plans to your friends engine with us
and pass along our thanks to him.
We look forward to the construction notes and details.
Another one to add to my bucket list..
Mike

Do you know what they used for a carburetor?

Ahh...yes...sorry.
Found a couple more drawings in the back of the folder for the carby.
Fairly simple air intake with needle adjust.

View attachment CarbyAssy.pdf

Carby.jpg

Points.jpg

Assembly.jpg

Redid the scans on the documents and then had an online program convert back to a word format so now the construction notes are a respectable size.
Attached below

Cheers ...Jorgo

ahhh,...crap...won't accept docx files....

What a great project. Please send our regards to the Author. It certainly would be a great magazine build article. Thanks again for sharing it with us.
The photos really help.

Mike

It does look to be very well described. I wonder how many were made by the students over the years. I've filed it away for when I have the time. Perhaps I'll try drawing up some patterns for casting some quiet night.

I have some extra bits and pieces for the Simple Simon engine.
The first is a photo of the patterns used.

Now, don't be put off by the amount of work that went into these patterns.
You can make yours from timber and get working results just the same.
You will see that some are made from steel and the reason was purely because of the number of castings required and being steel patterns for the outer casings, gave a quick turn-around.

Others for the cores are still timber as the cores are made in a slightly different manner.

There are also other options for building such as machining from solid or as "built-up" from steel plate.
Really just limited by your imagination and willingness to have a go.

The other addition is the 2 short videos.
Those of keen eye will see in the first video, the battery slowly vibrating it's way off the table. I missed see it originally and it just missed my foot and was the reason why the engine stopped suddenly.

The second video I think it just plain ran out of fuel. :)
Many thanks to George for his efforts.

https://youtu.be/2vl01wcPEMk

https://youtu.be/b_ZHrhsp9Ng

DSCF3016.jpg

Latest posts

Back