Simple beginner engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the first step is finding a set of plans you are comfortable with.
Tin

sadly, i cant get to the store 2-day. hopfully tomorrow. Any ideas wat 2 do while bored?

nope, im not. I am so excited though. Last night the power went out at midnight and i had to get from the basement to the top floor practically blind. LOL!

look over my How do I get started in Model Engineering ? thread
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=9413.0
there is lots to download and read.
you can watch modern marvels :Machine tools : on you tube you can watch the mit vidios you can download and read stuff from www.achive.org just type steam engine, lathe , machine tools , model engineering etc in the search block. Man there is so much to learn and life is so short.
Tin

Neither am I. The library is a wonderful resource of materials pertaining to machine work etc. And it would be good to get oneself out away from in front of the computer.

BC1
Jim

GUESS WHAT!!!!!, i STILL havent gotten to the store. :-[ ??? :mad: :( :'(

Enginedude1 said:
hey, this is random, but how old do you guyz assume i am?

How old do you feel. ???

Probably should have waited until Tuesday to ask. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Your only as old as the girl your feeling.lol Rof}

ok ppl... i guess im gonna have 2 wait awhile... i spent some money and dont wanna use much more... goto my sites in signiture!!!!! THANKZ

Hey, if you are into engines, and legos, this site is for you! I am constantly updating it. you will see all kinds of diffrent lego engines! So, click the link, and check back often for updates!

Thats pretty cool EngineDude, I like the electric v8. Almost has an authentic sounds, very nice.

Enginedude1: Here is a picture of the engine that Joe was telling you about from Popular Science about 1970.
S3500003-3.jpg

I built it with a very small drill press, files, a small hacksaw and soldering gun. all the materials came from the Hobby Shop except some 12 gauge metal to make the flywheel.
Good luck--------don

Enginedude1 said:
Hey, if you are into engines, and legos, this site is for you! I am constantly updating it. you will see all kinds of diffrent lego engines! So, click the link, and check back often for updates!
And for the ultimate lego machine
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX09WnGU6ZY[/ame]

i have HORRIBLE news... the local hobby shop closed!!! now all i have is target, walmart, lowes, craft store. oh well...

i think i'm gonna do the one fom popular mechanics. how accurate does it have to be??? thanx! i'll probly buy some metal soon... thanx!

Latest posts

Back