Silver Bullet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice build, sweet every one should be inspired i know i am.
Thank you, Bobby Shores

there is a question on updated drawings or revisions for the Silver Bullet. Can you help?
Thanks Mike

Bob Shores Silver Bullet
I have been in the process of building, still have a long way to go
Just thought some people might like to see the pictures of the build so far

Michael

View attachment 73429
Beautiful workmanship Michael. I am wondering if the Silver Bullet can be built with Sherline machines? Keep up the good work! David

Beautiful workmanship Michael. I am wondering if the Silver Bullet can be built with Sherline machines? Keep up the good work! David
Hi David
Im not familiar with sherline machines so its a bit had for me answer that
I would think if you took it slow with small cuts maybe you can do it ok
It may pay to ask the question in the forum, and someone with experience with those machine will be able to give you a better answer

Sorry couldn't be more help on that

Michael

Hi Dave,

I've built the Silver Bullet on my larger machines, but see no reason why you couldn't build the engine on Sherline machines. My small machines include a Sherline lathe and a Taig mill so I've got a good idea of what they can do. I made some parts for the Silver Bullet on the Taig mill. It may take some creative setup, but that is part of the fun.

Good examples of what the Taig and Sherline machines can do are shown in threads by Crubey (Chris Rubey) and RReid (Ron Reid) on the Model Engine Maker group. Here is a link to Ron's current project. Re: Squint Scale Curtiss Model K Aero I4

Good luck and keep us up to date on your build.

Regards,

Chuck

Back