Silver Bullet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Michael,

Gus watching and picking up good ideas. Plan to attempt making the Howell V-4 2016 and radiator making is unavoidable. Meanwhile I am still bashing at the two outerheads which seem to have so many details to work on. Not dreading it but trying to enjoy it.

Radiator is complete, need to test for leaks and make a mount for it.

2015-03-16 17.14.57.jpg

2015-03-16 17.15.24.jpg

2015-03-16 17.15.33.jpg

2015-03-16 17.15.44.jpg

Clear cover complete, I think the only thing left is a couple of alterations to the carby ( new needle and many spray bar) then try and get it to run, it has fired but does not keep running I know the needle in the carb is not quite right, anyway keep plugging away :)

2015-03-20 10.06.53.jpg

2015-03-20 12.11.11.jpg

2015-03-20 12.11.21.jpg

2015-03-20 12.11.30.jpg

Your cover is a good idea - I may steal it! Fingers crossed for an easy start for you. Not long to go now, looking forward to the video.

Sounds fantastic - really throaty. Congrats on getting it to run.

Can't help with the sensor (I've run into issues with them myself that I haven't solved) but I can help with the video code so it embeds.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9AkHJpDnA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

No worries Michael, it's far easier than I made it sound :p. Just copy and paste the address in your post and it will embed itself. The mistake you made, which is very common, was to post the address you got as the uploader. That type of link won't embed. You need the address with "youtube" in it without the dot ('youtu.be' doesn't work). Click on your link and watch what the actual address eventually changes to - that's the one you need to post.

Michael

With regard to the sensors, I thought some body fixed that problem years ago, I think it was something to do with the kickback from the High voltage breakdown, if memory serves here, I think it was solved with a protection diode in the system some where but at the time was not so well and can't remember properly.
Mark

Latest posts

Back