Silver braze/solder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norman,

In the UK do you also call it "sweating?" My family came from the UK and we still use the same words/ slang you do.

Sweating is a reference to soldiered copper tubing 'round here.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

How does the ITV in Spain and the appropriate Spanish vehicle insurers regard the rather unusual structural welding system which you appear to have adopted.

Hello Norman,

Where have I said that I have adopted the silver brazing system to make repairs on my car?

No, lets see, I added the link on my site, because I found the video very useful to understand the procedure of making a good silver welding. Also because " maybe some parts" in a restoration can be soldered with silver soldering. Lets face it, people that restore cars, are like minded people, and do tend to make many other handcrafts, and silver welding is always welcome. That is why I though it would be useful.

And because people in this thread where talking about it, though many will enjoy the video as I did.

ITV or MOT don’t check weldings. They check the overall safety of a car, if it has play on the axels, if brakes are ok, no fuel leaks, etc. If you have used one soldering system or an other, no one is going to check it.

Latest posts

Back