Side Lever Steam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratshooter

Reaction score
Here's a couple photos of my Side Lever Steam Engine, ran for the first time today.
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG

I really like it alot !

I made this engine this past year, runs well. As a child I was on a tugboat operated by my grand-uncles. It was driven by two of these engines, one for each side paddlewheel. I spent years looking for plans for this. I am now too old to make another and install them in a model ship of my own. Your engine looks incredible! Thanks for sharing.

Cymro77, I was raised running a Hugh steam engine as a child, that would sure be unheard of this day and time, we grew up fast, where have the years gone and there are going by faster as we get older, Joe

Hi! Beautiful! I'd love to have the plans. Where can I get? Much thanks.

Bob

Village Press might have back issues
July/August 2008
Sept/Oct 2008
Nov/Dec 2008
Note that the engine was installed in a Swedish ship, and the article has all metric dimensions. I had no trouble with the change over to inch sizes, and I substituted nearest sized inch hardware.

I have built the same engine from the same plans and article. It runs great! my original plan was to put it in a sidewheel tugboat, unfortunately life is too short for that to come about

I have built the same engine from the same plans and article. It runs great! my original plan was to put it in a sidewheel tugboat, unfortunately life is too short for that to come about
Can u please help me find the plans ? It’s a very pretty engine! Thanks. Bob

This engine by Mogens Kilde was featured in Model Engineer #4394 (January 2011) through #4400 (exception #4398). I hope this helps a little.

Back