Shutdown project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisa49

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day,
This is one of my shutdown projects.
The king is 93mm high, the pawns 45mm. All machined out 6061 25mm round stock.
Very satisfying project.

I made the board with recesses to allow me to leave the game set up when I put the board away.

Stay safe and well,
regards Dennis
585DE97D-D0C0-4F72-8309-F91FF470089C.jpeg

As most know, I'm building a Word en tool grinder from a kit but as I go along, I'm replacing some of my small home made tooling when my former shed/ workshop lost its roof--- twice in a winter storm .

I'm also drinking Scots malt whisky

Stay safe- it isn't over

Norman

Looks great 👌
What next shutdown project.

Dave

Good day,
This is one of my shutdown projects.
The king is 93mm high, the pawns 45mm. All machined out 6061 25mm round stock.
Very satisfying project.

I made the board with recesses to allow me to leave the game set up when I put the board away.

Stay safe and well,
regards Dennis
View attachment 118151

As most know, I'm building a Word en tool grinder from a kit but as I go along, I'm replacing some of my small home made tooling when my former shed/ workshop lost its roof--- twice in a winter storm .

I'm also drinking Scots malt whisky

Stay safe- it isn't over

Norman
Hi Norman and good luck with that'
If you need any tooling, inserts tools cutters give me a shout,
Should be able to save you money

Paul

Thanks Paul for your good wishes and your offer of help.
What I didn't say was that I must have a 'hundred weight' of assorted HSS lathe tooling. What's that- 50KG give or take?

Actually, I'm sort of making this Worden for occupational therapy. I'm 90 with COPD and live alone as a widower and cannot get out. As I mentioned to Bazmak that I'm also replacing lost tooling from storm damage.
Happily, I regard my next door neighbours as 'family and I get invitations to coffee mornings which end up like yesterday, consuming quite large glasses of excellent vintage port
-- and things like Monkey's Elbow.
So Thank you- do take care

Regards

Norman

Back