Show in La Grange, Illinois

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
Does anyone know about or have any information about an engine show to be held in La Grange Illinois on September 11, 2010? It would be an easy drive for me to be able to show off some of my handiwork but I can't find any information about this show. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Jack

I live in LaGrange, IL, and I haven't heard anything about it. What have you heard?

I saw this show listed in the back of "Home Shop Machinist" I don't have the magazine handy I look through it at the book store, but I am pretty sure that it said it is being organized by the Chicago Metal Workers Club at an address on Kennsington Ave. Not a lot of information but I can't find anything on the club, or venue. But it was Chicago not Ohio.

Jack

Cool! Kensington is one block East of my street. I had no idea there were metal hobbyists around. I have to get out and pick up the latest HSM.

Techonehundred is a member of that club. Perhaps if you PM'd him he would have the skinny on what is/isn't going on. I know that club meets on Kensington every month.

BC1
Jim

This is the second annual show for CMEA(Chicago Model Engineer's Assoc.) Most of the Club members will be showing here. Last year even Rich Carlstatd came with his Monitor Engine. We are hoping he will be there this year, but no confirmation yet. I was going to wait another two weeks before I started a thread on this. The show will be from 10 am to 4pm. The show will be free. If you want to get a preview of the show, we are having a club meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 10th. at 7pm. We are going to show models and members will decide what model to put on this years badge. The Club meeting(Show also) is at the Emmanual Episcopal Church. East side. Any other questions?

Excellent! I'll be sure to put it in my calender.

Just wanted to Bump this up to the top as a reminder for those that live in the Chicago area. Show is tomorrow the 11th of Sept. 203 S. Kensington. Emmanuel Episcopal Church. The Show is free. Hope to put a face to the name here.

Back