Shop Vac for the Mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an unusual solution. How about raising the floor in the garage? Lay down 1" concrete squares. Need more bricks. Big box store near me have two thicknesses. A can pour self leveling concrete if the floor isn't flat. How much loss in the door opening can you loose. May have to do some adjustment of the guides for the garage door. Likely the door height into the garage is set above the floor in the garage.
I reread your post. That is an interesting solution. I didn’t quite understand it at first but I think it would work. Using the pavers to take up the height gain and then using leveling liquid to seal and level. Not saying I will do it but it definitely has merit.

Looks like a good solution to your floor space problem. As an addition to make it even more convenient to use I will suggest that you add a remote wireless on/off switch at the nozzle. I did this about 10 years ago and it really makes life easier. Here is a link to the thread I did on it.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/remote-ac-switch-for-vacuum-cleaner.18862/
Since I did the thread I have changed the type of switch to one with a single button on the control. Push to turn ON and push again to turn OFF. Much easier to use than the multiple buttons shown where I had to look to find the right button. I have also added a remote switch to two other shop vacs in different locations. One small vac is on my laser cutter/engraver where I located the vac under it and just have the hose coming out to clean up slugs on the table from cutting holes. The other romes around the house for general cleaning.

GailInNM
I have been looking for this thread for awhile. I would like to thank you for suggesting this. I bought one at Harbor Freight. Since the vac is above my head, the on-off switch is out of reach. That was a problem plugging the vac in and out to use it. Problem solved. The units came in a three pack. I’m using one to turn the light in my wall clock on and off. Another time saver, thank you again.

Latest posts

Back