Shop dilemma.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got most of my stuff moved in. I spent most of the day cleaning up my two tool boxes, the red one has spent the last 7 years out in the barn and it was covered in dust and dirt. The blue one had been in the garage and wasn't as nasty. None the less it is all coming together.

Video 1 0 00 05-14.jpg

Video 1 0 00 11-02.jpg

rcmadness said:
None the less it is all coming together.

Looks too nice to get dirty... chiming in late here but noticed the bench is attached to the wall as support. Have done them that way also and only draw back is any pounding on the work top gets translated to the wall itself. Other than that nice work

Robert

Hey rc,
I just noticed you got moved in. The place looks great.

Now you just need to get some swarf on the floor and that bench ;D

Thanks for the complements

Yep its really nice to walk in, turn on the AC and turn metal without having a heat stroke. The odd thing is it is really easy to keep clean and picked up. I have made a rule not to leave the shop for the evening without cleaning up and so far so good.

Actually built a free style (no plans) wobbler over the weekend. Everything seems to be located where it should for good flow of work. I still have to stop and hunt stuff every once in a while. I guess that just goes with getting organized.

rc, I set my shop up one year ago. I'm continually re-arranging and tweaking the setup. I suspect it'll never stop. The good news is it really does help to speed things up.

-Trout

i wish i had a workshop like that one mind you id kill for half a 2 car garage my shop is tiny its just 7ft wide and 6ft deep its basicaly a seriously heavy built garden shed but when i built it i took the time to insulate it wich benefited me in 2 ways first and foremost due to its size the motors on the machines soon get the lil place nice and cozy and the second is the neighbours cant hear a damn thing meaning i can work allnight if i want Thm:

I havent had much time to work in my shop the last couple of weeks. My job is keeping my way more busy than I like. I had one full day off last weekend and this weekend I had to catch up on other things rather than just play.

Johnthomp, one thing I have learned is the fact you can have the biggest shop on the planet but if it is not comfortable temperature wise to work in it, it isn't worth having. that was my problem with 1/2 the two car garage. The summertime made me not want to do anything in it.

Working in the garage when it is 100 makes you go slow. I have lots of fans but that's just moving around hot air. The whole week here it's 99 or 100. It's like the wetherman has a bunch of 9's to use up. Dog days of summer are here. In the afternoon I just move into the house and work on what ever my wife has lined out for me.

Rustranch your weather out look sounds like mine. I am in Midland Texas.

Now that I have an air conditioned shop I just need to find the time to be in it.

It should look the same I live on the north side of Midland out Midland Dr, and I really enjoyed the 102 today just glad I wasn't in Wink Tx. Didn't the weather man say it was 108 there today. We should get together sometime for coffee.

rustranch, Hey neighbor, I live in the Greenwood area. Since I got my new shop I really don't watch the weather anymore. :big:

Just went back through the post and realized you are a live steamer. I used to do G scale trains when we lived in Ca, actually I still have all the equipment but I chose not to set it up. I keep it stored away and maybe one day we will move to a more friendly climate for outdoor trains. The dust, dirt and dryness here just doesn't go well with electric outdoor trains for me anyway. I had heard there was a group of steamers in town but I didn't know if they meet anywhere.

Latest posts

Back