Shop Cats

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernd

Reaction score
Since Gail started a dog thread and he suggested a cat thread. I figured I start with my boss and post a couple of pics.

This is Miss Boots. A stray that came by the mobile home we lived in over 10 years ago. She won't leave so I figured I put her to work catching mice at the house I was building at the time.

mascot.jpg

She did very well in her job and has worked her way up the ladder to become my boss. She is always busy with getting her beauty sleep. Very rarely stops by the shop to see what's going on except to complain her food dish isn't full and that the machines are just to noisy. Although I did catch taking a nap on my computer table in the model engineering shop. :big:

me.jpg

She does keep my lap warm while watching TV, so I think I'll keep her around. Oh and I haven't seen any mice around either. But I think she outsourced that job to the neighborhood tom cat. :big:

I'll join in with Ben.He's an RSPCA rescue cat,with an unbelievably laid back nature.Totally the opposite of our previous cat.we've had him about 5years now.
poodge10.jpg

here he is on high alert:
poodgechair.jpg

One of many, the oldest of the bunch about 19 years now. Named Ferocious and has drawn enough blood from to keep a vampire fat. Spends her days now sleeping on the table by the computer. Give the occasional look over to see if she is still breathing. When she is hungry I get the claws in the ankles as sort of a reminder.

Havent done a nose count but I think there are around 8 of em around here, Barn Cats earning their keep at reducing the rodent population.

As it is written
"Have your pets Spayed or Neutered"
furball.jpg

Here she is checking out the paint job;

100_3872.JPG

And protecting my box of plans;

100_3664.JPG

I am glad someone started a thread about the proper shop companion. After all we are lapping experts.I grew up on the top of a Kennedy tool box.

The Iron Cat

I got one of those shop cats as well. Tiggy
ShopCat.jpg

This is Miss Dillon. She's not really allowed in the shop since she has a habit of sticking her nose into all sorts of unsavory liquids ;D ;D, but she sneaks in every now and then

Dillon 005.jpg

Back