shane's gas engine model

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
here is a few pictures of my sons engine in progress ;D

this is a 1/4 scale of an air cooled associated, it was a kit that paul breich (sp?) sold back in the 70's.

the first pic is of him polishing the rust off the flywheels
IMG_0432.jpg

they got rusty when we took the engine to a show as a work in progress display, it was sunny and not a cloud in the sky.
half way through the show it poured rain for about 2 minutes and they rusted in about 2 minutes. :mad:
this next pic is one side of the wheel polished (it looks like chrome)
IMG_0434.jpg

this last pic shows how much he has done to his engine so far.
IMG_0449.jpg

the cylinder is bored, piston fitted,valves are in the head, main bearings and crank are done, push rod and cam gear are done as well.
what i didn't take a pic of was all the hex head bolts he made for this engine.
he set up the lathe and made all of the required bolts in one go ( about 20 or so )
he has done most of the work himself, i just guide him along. he learns fast and before long he will be showing me how to do things. :eek:
just thought i would post this, he will get a kick out of seeing his engine on here!

take care
chuck

Looking good Shane!

You tell that guy who's standing behind you with the camera we expect to
see more of this one. ;)

Rick

Cool engine Shane. Keep us posted on your progress. We can't wait to see it run!

Cheers,
Phil

Nice engine Shane. Also nice to see somebody of your age using a lathe. Keep up the great work and more pics of that nice engine your building.

Bernd

Excellent...to see this attitude from the younger generation is rare indeed nowadays...here on this side of the world, schools no longer teach hands on fitting or machining techniques which is a very big mistake in my opinion...this is ably demonstrated by the distinct lack of young heads as opposed to old in our model clubs and forums, not to say the young are slowly making an appearance hopefully guided by their peers...if not who will be left to restart the world...
keep it up SHANE good work.
All the best for now,
John.

Back