Setting up my new shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, go ahead and sit in your little shop and sulk on your superior morals all you like.

I actually resent that, and in my eyes well out of order. They are not superior morals at all, just my beliefs and way of life.

Don't you or anyone else reading this have morals as well?

How would you like to be criticised for the way you live your life?

However, you no longer are authorized to use the word "elitist" in any context, whatsoever.

Very sorry to disappoint, but if it rears it's head again, I will speak out and take the flak. One of the major rules on here is no-one is above anyone else. It is help that should be given, not one upmanship.

'nuff said.

John
You make my point brilliantly. You are one hundred percent correct in saying no one's morals are superior. Then you go on to finish making it even more clearly. This is a place for help given freely. This one thread alone has covered perhaps the broadest spectrum of down to earth dirty fingernail information of any I've read on the board. You've covered negotiation, you've covered delivery, you've covered rigging and installation, you've covered inspection, you've covered trouble shooting, upgrading, setting the machines up and dealing with a bad product problem and getting around machine and physical limitations to get it all done.

I'm not quite sure how that all equates to being hypocritical but if it does then we sure need more of it. Yep... I stepped on your toes and I did it intentionally. You responded just as I figured you would, with the added bonus of making my point even better than I would have. Now... if your conscience is still beating the elitist horse, put the damned poor thing back in the barn.... it's already a dead animal.

There are still more crisis to come that you'll need to cover in this thread and the loyal crew camping here is not going to let you off that easy. Get back to work.

Steve

Not BS Steve.

There are still more crisis to come that you'll need to cover in this thread and the loyal crew camping here is not going to let you off that easy. Get back to work.

I will continue with such posts as you have mentioned, and hopefully this time it will be totally unbiased (in everyones eyes), but not on this one.

So please put it to rest.

??? I wish I could find the head shaking smiley. This kind of crap is very dissapointing to read. Especially from a group of such old farts, Uh I mean mature gentlemen. John, I respect you much more than you know, but the elitism thing really is .... BS for lack of a better term. I can't figure out why this term gets thrown around so easily. I think not documenting what you are doing takes away from what this forum is about. All this and I havent seen compound in a while. ???
Tim

Just start a new thread, "Building my shop chapter 2". Problem solved ::)

I am getting fairly close to getting my shop built, so I hope to have a similar thread myself. Reading yours has been very useful. I hope to get the same sort of feedback as well. Being such a newbie, I doubt anyone will call me elistist ("old fart", maybe).

Kvom,

Thank you, that is exactly what I was going to do, but people on here wanted me to carry on with this one, against my beliefs.

John

Gentlemen,

Let's stop asking Bogs to continue on with this thread. He has made his wishes clear. Whether any of us agree or disagree is irrelevant to the issue. He has made his decisions based on his beliefs and values.

From this point forward, any nudges, even with the best of intentions, will not help the situation. Let's all give him due respect and move on.

Thank you,
W/E

Back