Service pack 3 for XP

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I have just downloaded and installed service pack 3 for XP.

Took ages for it to do anything from the MS site, so just leave it for five or ten minutes, then everything is done automatically, with just one input from yourself.

All of a sudden my computer has gone into overdrive. Maybe it put all the old upgrades into the right order to allow faster access, just don't know. Everything just works much smoother and faster.

John

It's nice that XP is now almost a mature operating system, I remember when software companies used to get things right prior to a major release ::)
I wonder how long before the "Ohh Look It's Working Properly Now" release of Vista?
Nick

Nick Hulme said:
I wonder how long before the "Ohh Look It's Working Properly Now" release of Vista?

I would strongly advise against holding your breath :mad: ........... I could also add comments relating to "not in.. ** ... "lifetime" etc but I have no wish to tempt fate to that degree ;D

CC

PS: I have no professional involvement with computers / software etc .............. I'm just a one of the "Mugs" who wasted money on a copy of Vista, I have since regressed to XP and am much a little happier more settled ???

my puter wont take the service packs it goes into crash mode.
something about amd or ? another case of the micro take over.
(they cant take mine over) it will just crash

Nick
Nick Hulme said:
I remember when software companies used to get things right prior to a major release ::)

Crickey! Nobody is that old and still alive. ;)
BR

baldrocker said:
Nick
Crickey! Nobody is that old and still alive. ;)
BR

I Resemble That Comment!
My Vista laptop is fairly stable at the moment (cross fingers etc.)
Nick

Latest posts

Back