September Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Brian , very nice work indeed - and lovely work on that base too. Thm:

Enjoy your moment

Regards - Ramon

A well deserved recognition of your very fine engine.

Best Regards
Bob

Quote 08/14/2012 A great looking engine. Would not be surprised to see it next POM
I just knew it and very well deserved too

Gee whiz guys, I didn’t know what to say when I found out about this. My little PMR engine is nowhere near the level of POM winners that I have seen since I started hanging out here. I am quite honored to be considered in that group, although I don’t feel it is deserved.

I can honestly say that this engine came out 3 or 4 times nicer because of my participation on this forum than it would have if I just made it on my own. The combination of the collective wisdom shared on these pages and the peer pressure to do my best work turns out to be a pretty powerful thing.

While I am pretty new to the engine game, I have be making things all my life. My parents put a work bench in my bedroom when I was 5 years old for me to build on. No Joke, It was a big old oak library table with a 2” thick top. I still have it in my shop today. :)

No matter what my projects have been, I have always struggled with the same thing: Forcing myself to slow down enough to pay attention to all the details. I have always enjoyed the process of building, but the desire to see a project finished was so strong that I would cut corners.

This engine build is the first time I ever managed to slow down enough to do everything right. There are still many things that I should have spent more time on to make better, but it is far above anything else I have done.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. Thanks even more to those of you who followed along on the build, and voiced words of encouragement and advice along the way. I looked forward to seeing your comments every day. :)

Best Regards...
-Brian

Congrats Brian. I aspire to build something even 1/2 this nice one day.

I too suffer from the 'get it finished NOW, so I can play with it!' syndrome...

Brian, Great engine build & thread I'm not sure from your comments who got the most out of this build - but I certainly enjoyed it.

A well deserved win - enjoy your month on the marquee.

Ken

Well done Brian, well-made and a great runner..I even love the color!
Stew

Just so everyone knows I will get the header changed ASAP.

I'm working on something that would allow me to change out the image every month.

Just so everyone knows I will get the header changed ASAP.

I'm working on something that would allow me to change out the image every month.

No hurry, Ramon still has almost 12 hours left in my time zone! :)

Congratulations Brian!

Beautiful build! Thm:

Rick

Ken, Stew, Mike & Rick, Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you liked the build log Mike. I was hoping it would be a useful road map for others to follow. However, it turned out much larger than I expected with about half the detail I planned to put into it! :eek:

Congrats Brian. Well deserved and I enjoyed the build.

Ron

Congratulations on a well built engine.Thats a sharp looking base you built for it, great woodworking also.

Thanks Ron, how is your loco project coming along? That is the sort of thing I can only aspire to :)

Thank-ya hobby :)

Latest posts

Back