• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling my CNC Router

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
UPDATE: THE ROUTER HAS SOLD.

Back in November/December 2016 I built a CNC router that I documented here:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=26060

Well, I had my fun with it and now it's time to gain back some floor space in my garage and sell it.

You won't find a CNC router with industrial ball screws anywhere else for my asking price of $1700.

Actually, if you bought the machine and scrapped everything except for the ball screws, you'd still be about $1000 ahead from buying the ball screw slide new.

Asking Price: $1700

Includes:

• Bosch Colt Router
  • All ball screw gantry system
  • Triple stack NEMA 23 stepper motors on 36volt power supplies.
  • Industrial shaft couplings, no rigid couplings.
  • Netbook computer (it's old, but it gets the job done)
    • USB communications to motion controller if you want to use your own computer.
    • BCNC software is installed.
    • Running Linux
  • Arduino based motion controller
  • 1/4-20 threaded inserts in the table
  • Four router bits (1/8", 1/4", 3/8", & 1/2")
  • 17mm wrench that came with the router
  • Extra threaded inserts
If you come to Indianapolis to pick it up, I will train you for up to three hours on how to use it.

If you want it delivered, I will deliver up to a 200 mile radius from Indianapolis for a cost of $1.50 per mile. It would probably be on a Saturday.

PM me if you have any interested for inquiries.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hd6RqaAO78[/ame]

Thanks,

... Ved.

I've engraved aluminum before without issue. I can try some cuts to how it goes. It's fairly rigid, so I think it is certainly doable.

Back