Sealion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi is this for the E.T. Westbury Sealion engine ?

Paul

Having looked through the original construction articles, I don't think there is one. The GA shows a pipe from the sump to the bottom port of the pump, but no pipe on the outlet side. However, the only place it can go is the feed in the side of the crankcase to the centre main bearing. As far as I can see, that all.

Yes PAUL IT IS!
The oil pipe work path is only fixed by where you want to route it which is not fixed except that of the feed to the bottom of the pump (from the sump) then from the top of the pump to the centre feed for the main bearing which in turn will feed the big ends via the drilled crankshaft . if you want to feed the camshaft bearings then you will have to come off where it joins the centre bearing connection ( this is what I have done using a banjo ) then up to the three cam bearings , I also have put in a hole level with the top of the cam plate and through the front plate to return any excess oil back down to the sump via the gear train and front crank bearing, if you don't do this you could end up filling the top end with oil.
My pump is fitted on the right hand side ( when looking from the front of the engine ) see my thread on my engine.
On ETW's drawing it shows the oil pump on the left hand side but in his notes he mentions putting it on the right hand side for easier routing of the pipes.
I hope this gives you what information you wanted.

Paul

Back