Scratch build of toy Steamroller

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moanaman

BarryG41
Reaction score
Well I have finally finished my version of a replica of a Renown Steamroller. A toy that was made in the early 1950's in Australia. I had one as a youth and decided to build a copy. This roughly replicates the original. Many sizes are far different and had to make some parts several times to get them to "fit" what it should look like. I am sure it is still oversize by about 5- 10% in some places. This is my first project into model engineering and I have learnt a lot. It was being made for my grandson , but my 15 year old granddaughter has claimed ownership hence the colour.

I learnt a lot doing this project and much more from reading various postings on this forum. Now is time to put this experience knowledge of errors to start again and make grandson his toy.

DSCN5319rs.jpg

DSCN5324rs.jpg

Cannot understand why the second picture twice the size they are exactly the same size in Photo-bucket.

Barry G

Nice one Barry :bow: :bow:

Having seen it at various stages it great to see it complete even if the paint colour is unusual ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Great one Barry. A very lucky grandaughter indeed. Looking forward to grandson's build.

Hi Barry
Something your Grandaughter will treasure all her life im sure, even though im betting she will ask you to repaint it in a couple of years :big:
Great Job :bow:
Pete

Very Nice! I started on a Renown-type steamroller, but it got buried by other projects and the parts are on a shelf somewhere.

Many thanks for you comments. The Mk2 model has been started with a 10mm smaller rear wheels to start with, boiler to be slightly longer , smaller roller diameter at the front, different design of fuel tank and finally different colour scheme will be the main visible differences.

Barry G

Finally done a very short and not so good video

[ame]http://youtu.be/iIMS7zujmc0[/ame]

What a great looking build, really different, not a model I have seen before.

Must make sure my wife doesnt see this, she loves anything pink. ::)

What a splendid gift idea, Barry. Terrific looking and interesting to watch as well. The Pink is an unmistakable color for certain. This would make a great little in-between project to build, especially for a loved one. It will be cherished.

BC1
Jim

Back