Scanning B & W negatives

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portlandron

Reaction score
Looking for a flatbed type scanner that can scan B&W negatives. One of the problems is the size of some of the negatives, they are 2.5" by 3". Would like to be able to change the negative to a positive and store on a CD.
I have over 1000 negatives and don't want to send them out to be copied.
Any recomendation on a scanner and or program to do this?

I can't recommend any particular scanner or software but there are scanners made just for negatives.
Any photo editing software should be able make the negs a positive.

You might also be able to get them scanned and burned to a CD at a photo processing kiosk.

???

taking pictures(digital) of a projected image? Got a line on someone with an old slide projector? You would need to have the camera on a stable surface and use the auto exposure setting so pushing the button doesn't blur the pic. The exposure time will be rather long for such an image. The detail should be as good or better than using a scanner.

Hmm I have a several year old scanner that does negatives. Seem like the software on it is very cumbersome. may need to try it again . have not used it since I upgraded the computer.
Tin

HI my scanner is a HP and it can scan negatives IT cost rather a lot compered to a normal scanner I think most of the big names do them regards bob

I picked up a Microtek ScanMaker 5900 It has a built-in 4" X 5" film scanning. Downloaded ScanWizard from internet works great.
Bob

Back