saving U-Tube videos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe d

Reaction score
Hi

Can any of the Gurus here tell me if it possible to save video files from U-Tube to one's PC? (And if you tell me that it is possible, be so kind as to tell me how! {Imprecise question... ::)})

Thanks, Joe

I use save2pc at http://www.save2pc.com/

The free version works fine; there is a pay version that accesses more sites and supports more video formats. Also, the pay version will convert videos to numerous formats: iPhone, iPod, AVI, mpg, and other formats and other phones.

I use the pay version extensively for downloading music videos and converting them for my iPhone and iPod.

joe d said:
Hi

Can any of the Gurus here tell me if it possible to save video files from U-Tube to ones PC? (And if you tell me that it is possible, be so kind as to tell me how! {Imprecise question... ::)})

Thanks, Joe

Joe

I use a slightly different approach to saving U-Tube files. I use a program called "ZTreeWin". This is a utility program that will

search, sort, find, rename and a lot more. When you view a video on U-Tube it leaves a file called "video[1].flv" in the

"Temporary Internet Files" folder.

I watch the video, then I click on "ZTreeWin" and log my "C" drive.
next I sort the files in reverse order by date. Now scroll down to the first file called "video[1].flv" and rename and copy or

move this file to a directory of your choice. Be sure to keep the same extension name. Now you have a saved copy of the video file with a meaningful name.

To download ZTreeWin go to http://www.ztree.com/html/download.htm and download the version that best suits your setup. Also you can choose between a self executable file or a zipped file. It is very easy to install and there is a help file included with it that is available when you press "F1" for Help. This is a shareware program that is free for 30 days. Between this program and its predecessor which was called XTreeGold I have used this program for 20 years and is the first program I load on the computer after windows is installed on the computer.

If anyone has any questions on this please ask and I will try to answer.

Cheers :)

Don

I Just click the right side of the mouse and under create shortcut click and it is on your screen click right side again and create folder and move them to folder and you have got them
Ed

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies, I knew you guys would sort me out!

Cheers, Joe

Back