Sad news about John Moore aka Bogstandard aka Blogwitch

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrywerm

Keeper of the Coffee Pot
Reaction score
Knowing how John made such a large impression on so many here and elsewhere in our hobby, I felt it necessary to post this here since I did not find it mentioned anywhere in this forum.

Death. | Model Engineer

RIP Bogs, you are, and will continue to be sorely missed. You left behind a great legacy for so many.

For a brief time years ago, Bogs was sort of a mentor to me. I will be forever grateful for his advise and assistance. R.I.P. Mr. Moore.

bogs.jpg

I know of several people who use a number of the machining techniques that he demonstrated, myself included.

I learned many things from him, such as being meticulous about keeping things clean and in their correct place, and many techniques used to create an accurate part. He took a lot of time to post all of that machining material, and it did not go to waste, and was/is much appreciated and put to good use.

I'm a year late but still sad to hear John has gone. I like to say that I did my model engineering apprenticeship under John's guidance. He encouraged all my early efforts, made suggestions, provided tips and a lot more. I wouldn't be doing the stuff I'm doing today if it wasn't for John.

RIP

Pete

I just saw this post .
A couple of years back John helped me with somthing . Later on I was able to return the favour .
We started exchanging emails , at first about model engineering , then about a variety of subjects .
We seemed to be on thesame wavelength
Then he got sick , and the mails became less frequent , until early last year they stopped .
So I suspected the worst .
Now that I've read this post , deep down I already knew , still it's is quite a shock .

I miss our conversations .
Altough we never met in person , I considered him a friend .

Pat

I just saw this post .
A couple of years back John helped me with somthing . Later on I was able to return the favour .
We started exchanging emails , at first about model engineering , then about a variety of subjects .
We seemed to be on thesame wavelength
Then he got sick , and the mails became less frequent , until early last year they stopped .
So I suspected the worst .
Now that I've read this post , deep down I already knew , still it's is quite a shock .

I miss our conversations .
Altough we never met in person , I considered him a friend .

Pat

Are you aka Gerd Vanhaervere?
TerryD

It is very sad news
Do know what happened.

Dave

Back