Rudys tractor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley

Reaction score
Hi all am in need of help to find where l can find some steering chain for the model case steam tractor,rudys drawings say l need 1/8" plain linked chain ,well just can not find any in the uk that is that small,have mailed a couple of firms in the states but unless l order a complete roll of it they will not ship just 24 inches of it , so seem to be stuck ,unless l get some brass wire and make my own ?,so can any one help with info etc please.
wes

Thanks for that yes have mailed them ,but still waiting for reply, l can se me having to make this chain ,but have also been told there chain is has the links just pushed together an not soldered,but will give them another couple of days to se if they can help me that l hope they can or else its going to be a long job making 24 inches of 1/8" link an soldering by hand,oh well that is model making,out of interest rung a few firms that sell model steam engines and they are say the same ,in that there last UK maker no longer makes the small chain ,sign of the times?
wes

Already had a look at ,but most of there chain just has links pushed together,unless you spend loads of money and have silver or gold chain then its joined.
wes

Well chain update ,in the end brought some from Langley models ,the links are not soldered but it seems to be strong,will se how it works out,looking at all the tiny links ,in the flesh now what a job that would have been to make them ,but if the chain is not strong enough at the end of the day then l will have to make it,but thanks for all the help.
wes

I found some in a thrift shop (Salvation Army in US) on some jewelry and it looks and works fine. Paid only a couple of dollars. It was interesting because the lady at the checkout said the the pendant was really beautiful and since I only wanted the chain I gave her the pendant.

Latest posts

Back