Rube's Oil Spill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coilmotorworks

Reaction score
I realize that this was finished almost 10 years ago. I was asked to post it so I felt there would be no harm in doing so. The initial parts were cut late September 1996. I called it done April of 2004. I did add an oiler two years ago to ease the task of oiling the main bearings and slugs. The motor specs: twin 6VDC 0.3A 0.625" X 0.500" bore and stroke solenoid motor. The timing is true four stroke to mimic the actual sound of a real gas engine. The clutch was the first part I made and took a long time to make. The transmission is a forward and reverse sliding gear type and the differential is a limited slip ball bearing design. There is a 14.4V 4600ma Ni-Mh battery inside the cooling tower and the regulator (LM338K) gives linear speed control to the motor. With a full charge the tractor will run 10 hours straight even under a load. It is very powerful too even though the lack of two power strokes. The tractor pulled over 40 lbs on a waxed hardwood floor with the weight sliding on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Enjoy!

Z6.jpg

Z5.jpg

P1010204.jpg

P1010194.jpg

P1010208.jpg

P1010205.jpg

P1010206.jpg

Chasis.jpg

Throttle.jpg

trans 4.jpg

Back