Rotary Switch wiring diagram

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldstar31

Reaction score
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for

Dewhurst - Klaus & Nainer C10 A210 rotary switch for a small single phase lathe motor please

Thank you

Norman

Norman
The file uploaded contains errors. Why I don't know 'cause the original file opens clearly on my laptop.
If no one else comes up with the goods, let me have your email address and I'll send it directly to you.
Dave
The Emerald Isle

Hi Norman,

I think that this is what you are looking for...
Myford Wireing.jpg

Thanks to both Dave and John for helping.

No, neither circuit applies. This was a rotary switch quite different and this contained 'numbers' on the terminals - and nothing in the way of how the leads to the Crompton Parkinson motor. well, nothing that was clear to me:). I'm a bean counter and despite getting a 'electricity' pension!
However is story is thus:-
1. I bought a Myford Super7B with PXF by trading in my old one.
2. The seller kindly 'popped' in this AM- to see how things were and brought the old Dewhurst switch from my old machine back and I returned my 'funny one' to him.
3. Being the gentleman which he is, he brought me clean 'caravan' trailer' coloured wire and had cut the motor terminal wires but left enough tails to make up a new wiring loom from the trailer wire that he had used. Nice!
so all that I have to do is "Dymo" label the A Z and whatevers on the cable to the motor entry and lbel the other end to go in my old Dewhurst switch. I have the Myford original manual but have run off the PXF one from the 'net.
So far so good? Well, it turns out that the 'new' secondhand lathe is to all intents and purposes- as new and unscratched paintwork:):):).
So I'm getting an as new lathe and adding all my 'Myford accessories.
So my grateful thanks for your help and I'm drooling- as you will both appreciate.
I might do a little turning on it- just for devilment

Cheers

Norman:rolleyes:

Does this help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 8.27.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 8.27.26 AM.png
    54 KB · Views: 389
Update after a month of failure!

A friend took the motor away to an expert. Initially we knew that the motor had turned out to a split phase one- 240/250 volt AC. Wiring up to the Myford Book and the One by Tubal Cain and buying a new switch resulted in blown fuses.
It was traced to a link- where I know not. So the motor was stripped, checked and then fitted with a Dewhurst Reversing Switch.

As it stands, it is ready for delivery but already labelled for proper connections.

So with luck, all things will be put back and it gives me the opportunity to thank everyone here for their time and efforts to assist.

Thank you all

Norman

Back