• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rivett Lathe - Amazing!!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the very bottom of the ebay listing is link to lathe.co.uk for Rivett lathes

http://www.lathes.co.uk/rivett/page2.html

An interesting read. ...... Then if you scroll to the bottom of the lathes.co.uk post there you'll see pictures of the same lathe, actually the same pictures that are in the ebay listing. Make what you want of that.

Regardless it looks like it would be a lovely lathe to own.

Pete

doubletop said:
At the very bottom of the ebay listing is link to lathe.co.uk for Rivett lathes

http://www.lathes.co.uk/rivett/page2.html

An interesting read. ...... Then if you scroll to the bottom of the lathes.co.uk post there you'll see pictures of the same lathe, actually the same pictures that are in the ebay listing. Make what you want of that.

Pete,
As the serial number and the date of manufacture match it would seam that it is the very same lathe.

If some one can make a wore out lathe look that good with a rattle can they a are a true artist.

Dan

Well, not saying it's a rattle can resto.....but I haven't seen too many pristine lathes from WWII.....most have been worn silly....It does look nice though!

Dave

That'll be over $4K by the time this is all over...... ::)

I know she's a rarity, and has a great pedigree....but once your into numbers like this...your either a serious collector....or well a serious collector! As a functional lathe, I wouldn't spend that much money on anything I can't look at or touch.

Dave

Nearly $2500! Not as high as I expected........

Dave

Anyone care to comment on its ability to remove metal (flexing)

I would love to have one of these....

Lawrence

Too many little details look wrong on this one. I don't see the scraping on any of the ways as I have on other Rivetts, there is what appears to be heavy rust in a few places, and pitting in others.

Latest posts

Back