• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Rivett 608 headstock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcjustis

Reaction score
This is a headstock from a Rivett 608 serial number 361 which puts it as a 1935 machine. It is great shape. The bearings are smooth, the oilers both are there and work well, it has the reversing gear on it for the feed and it works perfectly. The back gear has both covers over the gears. The back gear engages just as it should and spins easily. The inside of the spindle is ground for a collett and still has the alignment tab in there to line up the collett. The underside has some wear, but you can still see some original scraping marks. Overall in great shape for being 87 years old. I don't know about shipping as it's pretty heavy, but I'm sure that could be worked out if needed. I would prefer local pickup. I am in Columbus Indiana, but can meet in Indy or Louisville if needed. Thanks!

I'll sell for $200.

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_8286.jpg
    IMG_8286.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8287.jpg
    IMG_8287.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8288.jpg
    IMG_8288.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8289.jpg
    IMG_8289.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8290.jpg
    IMG_8290.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8294.jpg
    IMG_8294.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello,
The head stock is still for sale. Are you wanting to pick it up or do you need it shipped? I'm in Columbus Indiana, about 45 minutes south of Indianapolis, or about an hour north of Louisville. I also have some other rivett parts for sale if you're interested in those as well.

For Sale - Rivett 608 front carriage and top part

For Sale - Rivett 608 front part of carriage

If you're interested in either of those just let me know.
Thanks for the interest,
Martin

Yes l am interested and would need it shipped as I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

I will pay the shipping no matter the cost.l really need the headstock.

If you can send your address I can get a shipping quote.

Thanks,
Martin

Back