RIP Dirk Tollanaar

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just learned that Dirk Passed away November 10 of last year. Dirk was the supplier of the castings for the Peewee and Pacifier V4 engines. I have a friend who text me and said he saw it on the BobShoresEngines Yahoo group. I worked with Dirk to improve the drawings for the Peewee engine and then talked him into casting the kit for the Pacifier. Tho there were troubles with the castings Dirk worked very hard to make it right to anyone who purchased them. He was a standup guy and I for one will miss talking to him.

https://www.turrentinejacksonmorrow.com/obituaries/dirk-frederick-tollenaar

That's very sad news. I dealt with Dirk over the whole period where there were issues with the castings and I found him to be a great guy. He put in lots of effort (and no small amount of money I would guess) to make sure the casting issue was resolved and the defective castings replaced, even all the way down here in Australia. I was looking forward to dealing with him again for a set of Pacifier castings if I ever get the Peewee finished.

RIP Dirk.

Latest posts

Back