Rider Ericsson hot air engine build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam081

Reaction score
hi everyone
I have started a facebook page to log the build of my 1\4 scale Rider Ericsson hot air engine. if anyone is interested come over and have a look. just search 1\4 Scale Rider-Ericsson Hot Air Engine
thanks cam

Cam

It is a real fun engine to build, lots of challenges. I finished mine a year ago. I made a number of changes to improve the operation based on input from other modelers. I documented the changes up front on another site. As an FYI for you here is the link.

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,3441.0.html

I am not on facebook so will not be able to follow along. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Look forward to seeing it on Ytube

Good Luck
Bob

I am building one of these also so have sent a join request to follow your build
Chris

hi Chris welcome aboard I would love to see photos of your engine.

I will take a few tonight when I get home.
I have gotten by the looks of it as far as you so far, which is pretty good for me as I tend to work rather slow due to time. The size of this is also slowing me down s bit due to only having small machinery to work with.

By the looks of your pics you have a lot more castings than I.
I have the big ones anyway.

Here is what i got so far

image.jpg

It looks like you are getting along nicely.
Cam

Hi Cam, I have a set of castings for this engine waiting to be started but it won't be for a while yet as I'm currently building a 4" scale traction engine. I have requested to join your Facebook group so will be following your progress with great interest!

Martin.

Hi Martin I think it's funny I am trying to get a few engines out of the way before I start a 3" allchin traction engine.
Cam

Cam081, see if you can find any files from Bob Nawa and his Rider Ericsson build. It's the best chronical of a build I've ever seen and his model is awesome. He was kind to answer some of my questions on my build. Best of luck on your build.

Dave

Back