Rider Ericsson hot air engine build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam081

Reaction score
hi everyone
I have started a facebook page to log the build of my 1\4 scale Rider Ericsson hot air engine. if anyone is interested come over and have a look. just search 1\4 Scale Rider-Ericsson Hot Air Engine
thanks cam

Cam

It is a real fun engine to build, lots of challenges. I finished mine a year ago. I made a number of changes to improve the operation based on input from other modelers. I documented the changes up front on another site. As an FYI for you here is the link.

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,3441.0.html

I am not on facebook so will not be able to follow along. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Look forward to seeing it on Ytube

Good Luck
Bob

I am building one of these also so have sent a join request to follow your build
Chris

hi Chris welcome aboard I would love to see photos of your engine.

I will take a few tonight when I get home.
I have gotten by the looks of it as far as you so far, which is pretty good for me as I tend to work rather slow due to time. The size of this is also slowing me down s bit due to only having small machinery to work with.

By the looks of your pics you have a lot more castings than I.
I have the big ones anyway.

Here is what i got so far

image.jpg

It looks like you are getting along nicely.
Cam

Hi Cam, I have a set of castings for this engine waiting to be started but it won't be for a while yet as I'm currently building a 4" scale traction engine. I have requested to join your Facebook group so will be following your progress with great interest!

Martin.

Hi Martin I think it's funny I am trying to get a few engines out of the way before I start a 3" allchin traction engine.
Cam

Cam081, see if you can find any files from Bob Nawa and his Rider Ericsson build. It's the best chronical of a build I've ever seen and his model is awesome. He was kind to answer some of my questions on my build. Best of luck on your build.

Dave

Latest posts

Back