Returning member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John S

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, signed back in to see what's happening and probably take part again but the site has changed a bit .

I now get a large banner on the left of the page with nothing on it except a picture and Project of the Month from Brian Rupnow. All the post are crammed on the right and I have to scroll every page.

Got nothing against Brian's project but how can I see the whole page width ?

Not really useable if I have to scroll every page refresh.

Greetings John.

I hate Windows 10 and if this is what is now required to get this forum , it can all go where the monkey puts its nuts.

Sent from my Windows 10

Norman

Hi John,

Nice to see you back again.

BTW, those wrenches we talked about on the phone the other day were not available in the two Lidl's we have around here, it seems they are area specific. But I did buy myself a profile sander from the same range instead. That won't do the job we intended, but at least I can sand back when it comes to painting my living room.

BTW, I am using windows 7 and Firefox, everything displays perfectly.

John

I now get a large banner on the left of the page with nothing on it except a picture and Project of the Month from Brian Rupnow. .

I wonder what is causing this.:wall::wall:
I have both Windows 7 at home and at work
since they are showing a picture of the project of the month
I have the same problem at work but not at home:rant::rant:

welcome back

I have Windows Professional with Norton( Crap), Windows 10( same Norton) OK and IPad- fine.

All are being fed from the same British Telecom router.

People who are trying to help others must be now becoming disenchanted and will simply not waste time and talents because Admie their time reasoning that it is in Admin's interests
to at least have the courtesy to recognise and then to say that they are doing something about it.

The old business adage of that it takes 10 years to establish goodwill whilst it takes only 10 minutes of of problems to lose it

Doing the same thing here with firefox running on Linux. Was Ok last time I looked.

Basically the CSS codes that control the layout are messed up! A quick view of the page source of the forum shows two Doc type declarations which is wrong. I saw a spare /head declaration and a very peculiar <br.> ... </br.> around the project of the month code which as far as I know is bad code. I have no doubt that there are plenty of other foul-ups as well. The browsers like Chrome, Firefox and even Edge seem to cope OK though, most browsers just ignore poor code and extra tags but IE 11 and it's earlier versions don't seem to cope too well. There is another thread on this as well. Perhaps the Admin needs to get a code expert to go over the whole site?

For those that are not into web design and layout I apologise for the Nerdy post...

Cheers
John

Last edited:
Is this working okay for all of you now? I did work the the members in the Support forum, but this forum is not the best place to show e a problem I need to address for you.

I do think I have it corrected now and apologize for it being that way and making it hard for you to see the forum.

Yes thank you.
I did reply in the Chuck fellows post on the same issues.

Back