Request to all members

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put them on PB and then put a link to them in my post. Then I can copy and past the post to the 3 other sites i post this stuff at. It saves me from having to upload the pictures to every site. Believe you me it is much easier.

Thanks for your reply, well appreciateThm:
cheers

Imgur.com is much better then photobucket. Make the switch, you'll be happy.

Well I have been back in biz for less than 2 days and 14% of my allotted bandwidth is gone. I did a google search for myself and what I found kind of teed me off. There seems to be many automated websites that gather up pictures and show them to who ever stops by the site. I suspect the pictures are viewed by people who could care less about building engines. I even found websites that steal entire threads. There is a site called CNC-Arena that is almost an exact copy of the CNC Zone. It goes as far as to look like I posted it myself there. Now I know where the wasted pictures are going. I'm sure the goal is to use the pictures to attract people to there site so $$$ can be made. If you look at one of my threads and see the "look who's popular" box, thank the greedy bastards who hyjack pictures for profit.

What does PB say they can do about blocking?
Alternately, keep renaming your directories for a few days, once they show deadlinks instead of real content there is a chance you get dropped. If you time it right, you probably only need to pull the pics down for a few hours each day.

What does PB say they can do about blocking?
Alternately, keep renaming your directories for a few days, once they show deadlinks instead of real content there is a chance you get dropped. If you time it right, you probably only need to pull the pics down for a few hours each day.

PB has nothing in there help files that would help.

Unfortunately, the Internet financial model is one where the site hosting content pays. Really, Photobucket is very generous with the bandwidth it provides for free! I pay $100 a month for my commercial web site and I only get about the same bandwidth. Normally, additional traffic generates revenue so it is OK.

You could try writing to the site and demand that they remove unauthorised content you have the copyright to. You wrote it, you have copyright. Even better, if there was a member or friend who was a lawyer, get them to draft the letter. I have had two requests to remove content by solicitors and I do it very quickly!

Alternatively, accept the fact that your hobby has got to the point that you have to spend $30 a year in return for unlimited bandwidth and the problem and the annoying ads goes away. This is the path I chose.

You could try writing to the site and demand that they remove unauthorised content you have the copyright to.

Alternatively, accept the fact that your hobby has got to the point that you have to spend $30 a year in return for unlimited bandwidth and the problem and the annoying ads goes away. This is the path I chose.

I found out that CNC-Zone has merged with the CNC-Arena so there is an additional 300,000 germans looking at the pictures now. Solution, stop posting pictures on CNC-Zone. I'm just going to post on model engine sites. The point of posting pictures is to inspire others and help out. Why post them on a site so half a million people who will never build an engine can see them.

I am not sure if it's been mention, but you can open another account at photo bucket and place future photos there.

Dave

Well my experiment was a complete failure. Just 6 days into the new cycle I am over 30% of my limit.

I ponied up the 30 bucks. Set your posts per page back to 1,000,000. Download all my pictures every day and spread them everywhere. Get my monies worth out of photobucket for me!!

Quick note: To everybody who actually took the time to give it a try, BIG thanks to you guys and gals.

Well my experiment was a complete failure. Just 6 days into the new cycle I am over 30% of my limit.

I ponied up the 30 bucks. Set your posts per page back to 1,000,000. Download all my pictures every day and spread them everywhere. Get my monies worth out of photobucket for me!!

Quick note: To everybody who actually took the time to give it a try, BIG thanks to you guys and gals.

Bummer about the unintended bandwidth, but a big thank you for forking over the hard earned dough to keep them visible. :)

Thanks Steve,
This made me think of another thread that was just recent about selling plans.
If some one was posting lots of pictures and selling plans the money would/could be used for things like this. A lot of people forget about the cost people pay to share their projects and pictures.

Thanks again
Dave

Latest posts

Back