Report Database Problems Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When looking at a post...you can 'Reply' or 'Quote' which will create a reply with what the poster said. No problem there.

When replying though, if you 'Insert Quote'...that doesn't work anymore.

Marv/zee,
Thanks for the reports.
I'll see what I can find as soon as possible.

Kevin

Kevin,

Whilst logged on to the forum, I attempted to reply to a post, I was then re-directed to the you must register or login page. Tried 3 times with the same result. After login from the you must register page I was able to post my reply. Strange, I don't know if I'm logged in twice or what.

Best Regards
Bob

When I log in I get a screen saying my name or password is wrong, I click log in again without changing anything and it logs in.
Its not a big deal but I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else.
It stopped for a while but it is doing it again.
thanx -B-
My preview dosent work as well.

As a simple suggestion for anyone experiencing problems they never had BEFORE the mix-up. Try clearing out your 'cookies' folder. Sometimes this helps, as it forces new files to be created when the website loads. Some of these forum setting changes could be as simple as deleting a file and letting HMEM reload a new cookie. It has worked for me before.

No promises though :D,
Kermit

Ditto on the preview problem for the last few weeks. Page stays stuck at "Fetching Preview..."

ALSO and maybe related, if I click on "Quote", the page shows the green "Loading..." banner at the top and gets stuck there. Never returns with the 'quoted' text and corresponding Reply box. If I open the "Quote" link in a new page or tab, then it works fine.

HTH !!

Mike

Bob/KK,
I've not come across the login issue you've had. Is it possible the computer had been turned off for some reason? Perhaps for an update of some kind? That seems to be the only time I've had to re-login. As Kermit mentioned, I suspect something to do with cookies and/or security settings.

Mike, I've not been able to duplicate the issue with Quoting. It works just fine for me when quoting from someone's post. However, when trying to quote from another post while in the edit screen it doesn't work. But, honestly, I can't say whether it worked before or not. I never tried that feature.

Thanks for the reports everyone.

I'm down to the last few (about 500 or so) errant posts. It seems they will all have to be done one at a time.

Kevin

Has anyone discovered the solution to the "Fetching preview..." problem yet?

Rudy

Sorry Rudy. Not yet :(

Though I suspect (hope?) it will clear itself up when the last few hundred replies get straightened out.

I have had the problem with the "fetching preview" also and thinking it was just my incompetents with computers, I posted it and then immediately "modified" the post to correct it. It all turned out OK and I was pleased with my success.

I just think that this is the best forum on the internet (at least the ones that I use), it is free, no pop-ups or advertisements, and best of all, when there is a problem, someone steps up and acknowledges the problem and says they are working on it. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft or Google and those kind of business
would do the same.

Hats off to you ksouers and everyone else who keeps this forum under control.

Dennis,
Thanks for bringing it up. The first post has been fixed.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back