Report Database Problems Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksouers

Reaction score
Everyone, looks like the vast majority of the problems have been fixed.
Certainly, there are still some problems left but it's a much smaller issue now than it was a couple days ago.

No posts have been lost, but they may not be in the correct place or just not visible.

If you notice any posts that seem to be missing or in the wrong place please report them here. I'll correct them as quickly as possible.

Please report the board, topic and member who posted it so I can track it down and correct it. You may also send a PM if you wish.

Example:
Whats Left? > Computer Geek Zone > Report Database Problems Here > ksouers

Thank you all for your patience and support.

Kevin

I noticed a problem with a post by the name of " First Engine No Plans " under work in progressposted by HYTECH on 9-21-09 it is all mixed up it has stuff in it from a whole bunch of other post's and the second page will not come up. Cliff

Thanks Cliff.

Yep, that's the thread I was originally trying to fix when I accidentally putting everything under that thread.
I started a copy of it and as I come across the posts they will be moved to it.

The original thread will be deleted when I've got it all put back together.

Kevin, several replies missing, some with pictures, from a couple of threads I started:

The Tools and Tips > Machine Modifications > Reducing Mini-Mill Column Flex (and Column Y-Axis Alignment) > rudydubya
and
The Tools and Tips > Machine Modifications > Mini-Mill Spindle-Column Alignment > rudydubya

... Actually, looks like five or six of the most recent threads in Machine Modifications are missing replies.

Interesting glitch in the PM system.

I tryed to send Black85vette a Private Message by clicking on the icon on his profile page. Steamer Dave replied to me. I haven't heard from black85vette yet.

Hope it isn't mixed up too bad.
Kermit

Kermit,
I didn't see any issues. Checked member records for both, nothing is amiss.

Is it possible Dave posted before 'vette and that was the PM icon you clicked on?

Kevin

I am almost positive I was in Blackvette's profile. I remember because he has his personal email address hidden.

I suppose I could have 'clicked' something I shouldn't have, but I'm not sure what that would be...

I'll just chalk it up to my error then, although I have no idea what error I committed. :D

Sorry, Kermit. I'm at a loss as well.

Keep an eye on it. If it happens again, let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,

I'm not sure if this is related the database problem, but it does seem to be some type of problem. If I click "Show own posts" in the left hand pane, I get the listing shown in the own_posts.jpg file that's attached. If I click on "Re: Ham Radio", though, I get taken to this topic:
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=6163.msg64483#msg64483

More repeatable for you, but shows up a little different:
Searching for 'N0QYQ' with 'applescotty' as the user gives me the results shown in the search_results.jpg image that's attached. Clicking on either "Re: First Engine No Plans" or "Re: Ham Radio" takes me to the same thread as linked above.

Scott

own_posts.jpg

own_posts.jpg

search_results.jpg

search_results.jpg

Thanks Scott. Got it fixed.

The "Re: First Engine No Plans" is the original one that got messed up. All the valid posts have been transferred to a fresh topic: "First Engine No Plans".

All of the "lost" posts are under the broken topic. I'm keeping them there so I know where they are.

as Kermit, I sent a PM to RobWilson on Sept 28 and didn't get any reply

maybe that Rob didn't connect to the forum, or is there a problem?

I was reviewing my paddleducks build thread and noticed a couple of posts are missing, notably where I posted the video of the first run.

I'm trying to post a reply to my thread "Building Rudy's Steam Tractor". When I hit "Preview" is says "Fetching preview", but it never does. I've tried on a two different computers, but no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dennis

4156df said:
When I hit "Preview" is says "Fetching preview", but it never does.

Me too #df ;) .......... I'm sure Kevin will oust the gremlins in due course though :bow:

CC

kvom,
I found two missing posts. The subject title had changed and didn't show up in my initial searches. They should be back now.

CC/df,
I'm at a loss on the preview issue. I tried it on this post and no joy. I thought it might be that only trying to preview on the broken threads wouldn't work. Let me get a bit more of the DB straightened out and I'll see what I can do, though this is something I don't want to leave hanging.

Kevin

I also had no luck with "preview"on apost I did yesterday.

Ron

I noticed the preview issue for the first time yesterday. I use it a lot and can't say it was a problem 2 or 3 days ago. Hope that's of some help.

A couple of days ago I had the preview problem as well a couple of times so I copies my post and backed out then tried to post again and it worked ok. Seems to be OK now.

Cheers :)

Don

PS: guess I spoke too soon. under Preview Post it now says "Fetching preview..."

Don

Edit: It would'nt preview but it posted OK so I came by to edit it and add this line. Don

Back