RED XXXXXXXXXXXXX's

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal

Reaction score
How do I get Rid of all the red XX"S in the little square boxes ???

Hal

Well, a bit of a clue what you are talking about might help.

Red "x"s usually indicate that a picture or graphic of some sort could not be downloaded to your browser. Is that what the problem seems to be? Is it happening on all threads or just some?

I've checked a few threads and all the pictures appeared to be visible. Do you have picture downloads blocked in your browser settings? What browser are you using?

Are you having the same problem with other web sites?

There are red x's in all the boxs in all the boxes where someone puts a smiley face, wink, in the new box. Its in all the threads , but just on this forum.

My system is an older one Office 2000.
Thanks for any help.
Hal

Ok, that helps a bit. Office 2000 has nothing to do with it though, unless you meant Windows 2000.

Win 2000 shouldn't make any difference.

All the smileys are showing up just fine for me. It must be a setting on your system that is blocking the download. Are you running any kind of virus software and anti-spyware? That could be blocking some things.

There are also some setting in Internet Explorer that you can change. Open up IE, it doesn't matter what web site. On the menu bar select "Tools" then "Internet Options". A small window will open up with a bunch of tabs on it, select the second tab which is labeled "Security". About mid page you should see a virtacle slider that should be set about mid way. If it's not, you should move it there. Save your setting by clicking on "OK" and try the forum again.

Latest posts

Back