Recommend a web based mail service

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickDastardly40

Reaction score
The e-mail service I have been using for the last 9 years has suspended my account for whatever reason with no notification.

Can somebody please recommend a web based service other than hotmail which I can set up a new account on and is both trustworthy and not likely to fold in the next year.

I am about to put my CV about in a serious manner and would like to have an e-mail address which I can include on it.

TIA

Al

Tiscali has been OK for the 12+ yrs I've been with them

Jason

I use GMAIL. No complaints.

Chuck

I'm also happy with gmail. I signed up after my ISP-provided email address got changed for about the 4th time because of unilateral action, sale to another company, or whatever.

I had a bit of difficulty initially with gmail's spam filtering being too aggressive, but since that startup difficulty it's been fine. I have wondered if they put new accounts through a special filtering process to weed out spammers trying to sign up for gmail, but that's just a speculation.

I use Thunderbird to read the gmail account on my computer, but gmail's web interface is perfectly serviceable if you prefer that.

Thanks for those suggestions, Tiscali has changed it's name in the UK a few times I think and Gmail won't let me have the user name that I would like.

I have gone to mail2web on a suggestion from elsewhere to see how that goes. Just gotta tell everybody the old address is now no good!

Ditto vote on GMail. They'll be around for the long haul and is accessible from any Internet connection.

Gmail won't let me have the user name that I would like

Yeah that's a problem if you have a name that you want to use that is very specific. Even my first/last name combo said it was taken. There's probably only 2-3 people in the world with that combo, yet it came up taken :p

Mike

Back